Thread: DFK21AU04.AS USB3 Ports

DFK21AU04.AS USB3 Ports

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with the DFK21AU04.AS camera when plugged into USB3 ports. The camera streams but I am unable to change any settings (for example, gain, exposure). This problem is evident on multiple computers running either Linux or Windows.

Is there a firmware update to fix this problem.

Kind Regards
    Nicola

Re: DFK21AU04.AS USB3 Ports

Hello

The DFK 21 series has no more firmware at all, since we ended the development of this series.

There is an incompatibility between the camera and Intel USB 3.0 chipsets. From my knowledge, only highest frame rates do not work. But not working properties is new to me. In Windows you may use an older driver from https://www.theimagingsource.com/sup...cwdmuvccamtis/

In Linux this is somewhat more weird.

However, can IC Capture or tcam-ctrl read the camera name and serial number of your camera?
    Best regards
    Stefan
    IC Imaging Control Support

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Geissler View Post
    Hello

The DFK 21 series has no more firmware at all, since we ended the development of this series.

There is an incompatibility between the camera and Intel USB 3.0 chipsets. From my knowledge, only highest frame rates do not work. But not working properties is new to me. In Windows you may use an older driver from https://www.theimagingsource.com/sup...cwdmuvccamtis/

In Linux this is somewhat more weird.

However, can IC Capture or tcam-ctrl read the camera name and serial number of your camera?
    Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the camera name and the serial is read. The serial number is 18210849 and the camera is identified as DFx 21AU04.AS. On Linux I have previously fixed this problem by issuing the following command:

Code:
    setpci -H1 -d 8086:1e31 d0.l=0
    Where 8086:1e31 is the identification of the controller. However, I have recently bought a new laptop which does not have a EHCI controller. It only has a xHCI controller. So the command above no longer works.

As I said in my original post, the camera appears to work fine but I cannot change any of the controls (example Gain, Exposure, Gamma etc). However, I have just discovered that this problem is only evident when using YUYV. If I use the camera in Grayscale or Bayer modes then everything works perfectly.

I now believe this issue is not a problem specifically with USB 3 but an incompatibility with the xHCI implementation of the USB standard.

Do you have any idea of how this might be resolved?

Kind Regards
    Nicola
    Last edited by NicolaM; October 14, 2017 at 23:52:58.

Hello

For using your camera in Linux, you may have a look at https://github.com/TheImagingSource/...iki/UDEV-Rules

I must admit, I have no idea, why you can not set properties if YUY2 is in use, since the camera firmware itself handles them. This is not done by the driver. You may try older driver versions from our website.
    Best regards
    Stefan
    IC Imaging Control Support