Thread: DFK 33UX265 As Windows UVC

DFK 33UX265 As Windows UVC

Hello,

I recently purchased the DFK 33UX265 camera module, for use in a custom Gstreamer pipeline.

When using the IC Capture software, I'm able to access and view the camera perfectly. However, I'm unable to access the device through the Windows "camera" app, or through Gstreamer (with ksvideosrc), or through OpenCV with Python.

Is the above mentioned camera able to be used as a UVC device? If that's not possible, are there any Gstreamer elements that can access the device that work on Windows? I'm familiar with tiscamera, but that appears to be Linux only.

My OS is Windows 10 64 bit. The device is plugged into a usb 3.0 port, which I've successfully used with other Usb 3.0 cameras.

My apologies if this has been asked before.

Re: DFK 33UX265 As Windows UVC

It is a question of driver only.
    If you want to use the camera as UVC device, then you must install the Microsoft camera driver. Our driver makes it a DirectShow device.
    You can install the Microsoft driver in Windows Device Manager manually.

You will have much less properties using this driver.
    Best regards
    Stefan
    IC Imaging Control Support

Re: DFK 33UX265 As Windows UVC

Hey Stefan,

You're right, using the IC SDK allows a lot of functionality that I couldn't get through UVC.

I ended up just pushing the frames into Gstreamer via appsrc, and I just loaded the opencv frames using a texture pointer in a Mat object. Both of which were pretty straightforward tasks.

Thank you for the advice!