Thread: Exposure Auto Max Value limits

Exposure Auto Max Value limits

I developed my software for astronomers to be able to use TIS cameras as all sky cameras and it has been working well so far however one issue that was raised to me that i was not aware of at the time was the "Exposure Auto Max Value" setting. On the GigE camera i use myself this is not an issue as the maximum available setting is the same as the cameras maximum allowable exposure but other people who have the .AS USB cameras are reporting that the maximum value that can be set is 0.5 seconds which is way too short. Is there a way of altering this setting on other camera models to allow the auto max value to be increased up to 60 seconds? What i am trying to achieve is a smooth transition of exposure during dusk and dawn and allowing the user to input a setting that suits their particular sensor and seeing conditions best. Is this value fixed in the firmware or is there another way that i can increase it so that the device properties dialog allows a higher value?

Re: Exposure Auto Max Value limits

Hello

I am very sorry, but the .AS camera development has ended, so no change in the firmware anymore.. However, I wonder why an astronomer would use exposure automatic.
    Best regards
    Stefan
    IC Imaging Control Support

I developed my software to allow people to use TIS cameras as all sky cameras for monitoring of sky conditions. In the industrial cameras there is a greater range to this setting which means that the auto exposure max value can be pre set to around 30 seconds and the camera can be left completely unattended and will automatically adjust to the best exposure during transitions between day and night. As it stands with the current limitation people with .AS cameras are not able to take advantage of the automatic function and able to adjust the camera exposure to suit their local conditions and sensor sensitivity. Without such a limitation my software works seamlessly with any of the TIS camera range but with this rather odd limitation set in the firmware i will now need to write a custom version for people with .AS cameras that tries to alter the the exposure setting based on solar altitude. If that is the case then do you know if there is a way to link a slider value to an external value? I have already programmed the software to calculate the solar altitude based on the users Lat/Long and could put an exposure length slider with user adjustable maximum to set the slider scale value but could the slider position be manipulated based on my calculated solar altitude?

Hello

As I already wrote, the firmware of the .AS wont be altered anymore.

You can always set a slider position by passing a value to the slider control.
    Best regards
    Stefan
    IC Imaging Control Support