Thread: DFG/USB2-lt windows XP SP3 driver-hardware problem

DFG/USB2-lt windows XP SP3 driver-hardware problem

Hi,

I have an issue with winXP recognizing my DFG/USB2-lt video-to-usb converter. This device is a part of nanoplotter (GeSim) machine to convert signal from stroboscope camera. Everything worked just fine, with occasionally sending blue images. I had to install skype and then everything got wrong. I tried to restore the system to the state before installing skype with windows restore point, but it didn't work. I have cleaned the registry with different registry cleaner tools, erase everything (files and registry keys) designated with "skype", updated every out-dated drivers (for USB, chipset, graphics, ...) but I was advised by GeSim to NOT update the WinXP and have the automatic updates shut-off. Now, when I plug the converter in the USB port, the sytem recognizes it (same the driver installer dfg_usb2-lt_1.2.0_tis), but the system gives me message like: the driver was not installed properly and the devise will not work properly; in device manager appears error code 10. After restarting, windows automatically install "the unknown device" which is not anymore recognized by system as video-to-usb converter, neither with the driver installer (dfg_usb2-lt_1.2.0_tis). The "unknown device" is signed by 5.1.2600.0 microsoft driver and I was unable to forcefully install the right driver with quote: the specified location does not contain information about your driver. Please see attached images for better understanding.

I will really appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks!

error 10.jpgdfgusb2.jpgdriver update.jpg

Re: DFG/USB2-lt windows XP SP3 driver-hardware problem

Hello

First of all, please check the DFG/USB2-lt on another computer, to make sure it is still working.

If it works, reinstall your Windows XP.

If you start rushing through the registry and do not know, what you do, you usually make your system unusable. I never heard about problems with Skype being install, but if newer Skype versions install a filterdriver and you simply delete this file, then DirectShow won't work anymore with cameras and converters.
    Best regards
    Stefan
    IC Imaging Control Support

Hello,

the device is working fine with another computer (windows 7), Skype was definitely the cause of problem. Now, I have to reinstall the original driver after every restart (or shut-down) of computer; because the winXP automatically replaces it with "unknown device" driver. I am going to buy win7 to reinstall whole system. But still we have a problem with occasionall blue image from camera (before driver problem), is this due to compatibility between winXP and driver, or the camera is sending wrong /signaldata to converter?

Thank you very much for reply.

Best regards

Jaroslav Holly

Institute of Virology, Slovak Academy of Sciences

Hello Jaroslav

I am surprised about Skype...

However, the blue image is sent by the DFG/USB2-lt, if it does not receive an image or is not able to digitize the analogue signal. This can happen, if the synchronization between video source source and DFG/USB2-lt is lost. So it is a signal problem, no software problem.
    Best regards
    Stefan

Hello Stefan,

I have installed windows 7 (x86), updated it fully (win7 and all drivers) but the problem remains. When I plugged the device in USB port, the system immediatelly shows message: "the device can perform faster" (attached printscreen: perform faster.png). I tried to unplugged it and plug it into another USB ports (I tried all available port on PC), only in one case (attached printrscreen: unknown device.png) the converter was recognized as unknown device - in this state the original driver installer does not recognize attached device. In case "the device can perform faster" the driver installer recognize the converter and install drivers for it but win7 gives the message in device manager with error code 10: "This device cannot start." Win7 has also problem with digital signature of the original driver (the windows update KB3033929 which may cause the problem is properly installed on that computer). I have tried to change the USB cable but there was no effect. Surprisingly, when I tried to install the converter on another computers (all with win7), two of them showed the same problem but one allowed me to install the device correctly (but not without obstacles). I am very desperate now, I need the converter to work. It is possible that the converter is somewhat malfunctioned or has corrupted firmware?

Best regards

Jaroslav Holly

Institute of Virology, Slovak Academy of Sciences
    err10.jpgperform faster.jpgunknown device.jpg

A Windows update won't speed up your USB controller hardware....

Windows shows this " "the device can perform faster" message, if it detects an USB 2.0 device connected to an USB 1.0 port.

Does the converter work on another computer?
    Best regards
    Stefan

It is very confusing, I have tried to install the converter on all computer in our laboratory, there was no problem with 2 of them, other one showed the same problem (device not recognized, device malfunctioned, device can perform faster, unknown device) as the computer attached to main machine which I need.

Best regards

Jaroslav Holly

I have reinstalled windows 7 again without internet connection, and immediately after driver installation (from manufacturer CD) I plugged in the converter and windows shows message: device can perform faster. Then I installed the original dfg/usb2-lt driver from CD, but in device manager there is the same error code:10 and the device does not work. I would appreciate any suggestions to solve this.

Best Regards

Jaroslav Holly

Again:
    Windows shows this " "the device can perform faster" message, if it detects an USB 2.0 device connected to an USB 1.0 port.

That means, there is a hardware issue:
    - USB controller running at 1.0 or 1.1 speed only => Code 10 error
    - USB cable bad => Code 10 error

In order to exclude the Dfg/usb2-lt died: try it on another computer.
    Best regards
    Stefan

Cable is not a problem, I tried 3 different cables adn the problem remains. InBIOS is everything all right, USB 2.0 enabled with HiSpeed option, I have installed originall drivers for ****** board, I have also tried update drivers for ****** board, nothing helped. I have uninstalled the USB bus controller drivers and reinstall them and the problem remains. But when I plug in the USB flash disk in the same USB slot as the converter had problems, the flash disk work properly with HiSpeed USB 2.0 (checked in device manager).

Thanks,

Best Regards

JH

Hello JH

I am very sorry, but I have no idea. I can only say, what the error message means.

However, did you try another computer?
    Best regards
    Stefan