Thread: IC Capture <no devices found> for Sony handycam DCR-HC44

IC Capture <no devices found> for Sony handycam DCR-HC44

Hi,

I'm trying to get a Sony handycam DCR-HC44 to livestream some video via a wireless link from an onboard computer to a remote computer. The remote PC detects the camera and shows a continuously-refreshing image at My Computer --> Sony DV camcorder, and linking the camera to a CRT screen shows live video - but when I start IC Capture 2.0 on the remote PC, it says <No devices found>. What do I need to do for IC Capture to detect the camera? Is there a driver that I need, and if so, which?

Many thanks!
    Soob

Re: IC Capture <no devices found> for Sony handycam DCR-HC44

Hello Soob,

How exactly is the camera connected to the computer you want to view the video on?
    Also, do you have a professional version of IC Capture?
    Best regards
    Michael

Hi

The current IC Capture version wont handle your device, because it is no The Imaging Source device.
    Best regards
    Stefan
    IC Imaging Control Support

Michael: the camera is connected to the onboard computer with a firewire cable. A wireless dongle on the onboard computer then connects it to the remote computer. I'm afraid I don't know much about these things, so if you need more information than that, you would need to tell me where to look.

Stefan: Can you suggest a more specific solution to my problem at all? The camera is mounted on a turntable, as is the onboard computer, and I need to stream a 1024x768 video from it live while the turntable is rotating.

How are the computers connected? With wlan?
    If you don't know whether you have a professional version of IC Capture or not, you will most likely not have one.
    If you don't have a professional version, there is no way that this will work.
    Also, which software do you use to show the live video on the onboard computer?
    Best regards
    Michael

I believe it's wlan - the dongle is a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G122 Wireless USB Adapter(rev.B), and the box connected to the remote computer is a Linksys Wireless-G Access Point with SES. I use VNC Viewer 4 to view what's on the onboard computer. I've only just started on this project - I could try to get in contact with the last person to work on it and ask him if the version we have is professional or not.

The refreshing image I can see on the remote computer (using VNC Viewer) is not on any software - you literally go to My Computer --> Sony DV camcorder, and it shows the refreshing image like a preview in the My Computer browser window.

I've also tried to livestream using Windows Movie Maker, but every setting I've tried shows a video that is black for the entire duration of the recording.