Thread: Browser-based solution for reading pixel color on screen from IP camera real-time

Browser-based solution for reading pixel color on screen from IP camera real-time

I need to determine when a light flashes when all that's available is a video stream of that light -- coming in from an IP camera. I am not a video engineer! I'm thinking that basically I need a pretty fast way to read the color of a pixel at location X-Y on my screen. Is this possible? Is there any graphics card hardware out there that already provides an API for this kind of thing?

I imagine more than just javascript will be required, but there's no time for postback to the server, right? (I'm hoping to do this with PHP or C#). How can this be accomplished on the client browser?? Do I need a java application? Does anyone know of a solution here? Do I need a special graphics card? The camera is interfaced to a PC running XP Pro but other hardware could be used if necessary.

Thanks very much for any assistance.

roricka

Re: Browser-based solution for reading pixel color on screen from IP camera real-time

Hello,

I do not think, it is possible to access windows of other programs or controls by Java Script from within a running browser. I think, this breaks all security rules of browsers.

You better create an own client program, that captures and analyses the video stream directly and send the found data to your server.
    Best regards
    Stefan
    IC Imaging Control Support