Thread: USB (GigE) vs Windows 7

Question USB (GigE) vs Windows 7

Hello!

I was looking at the USB version for a camera I will buy in a near future. But unfortunately, my computer crashed and I will probably have to buy a new one. I see that the USB driver doesn't support Windows 7. It will be this OS that will be installed on my PC. When will IS release a Windows 7 compatible driver for the USB cameras?

Well, I saw that the (new?) GigE version supports Windows 7. Cool. Now, what is the maximum cable length for the GigE version? Is it stable? (I mean, is it a technology transfer from other cameras from IS or is it a new technology introduced at IS?).

Thanks for your answer.

Dominique

Re: USB (GigE) vs Windows 7

Dominique,

all of our drivers support Windows 7 32/64. The text on the website seems to be outdated.

There is only a little problem with the DFG/1394 video to FireWire converter. To use this device, the Windows legacy FireWire board driver must be installed in Windows 7.
    Best regards
    Stefan
    IC Imaging Control Support

[QUOTE=Stefan Geissler;32072]Dominique,

all of our drivers support Windows 7 32/64. The text on the website seems to be outdated.

Hello Stefan Geissier
    I am about to buy a DBK-31AU03-AS USB camera to use with a Windows 7 system. Can I be sure that the cameras the dealers have in stock will come through with Windows 7 drivers? If not, where would I download them if the IS website is outdated? Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    regards
    Ed

Ed

I do not know, what the dealers have on stock, but

1.) even the driver version 1.0.1.24 can be used in Windows 7
    2.) The latest drivers can be downloaded from http://www.astronomycameras.com/en/support/downloads/ and from http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_U...ort/downloads/
    Best regards
    Stefan
    IC Imaging Control Support

Hello Stefan
    Thank you for the speedy reply. I will be ordering an IS camera today. I'm hoping that I can get setup before the cold weather sets in here (Connecticut, USA) and before Jupiter is too low. Again, thank you for the info, and reassurance.
    regards
    Ed