PDA

View Full Version : brightness

Unregistered
January 20, 2003, 12:55:03
Hi,

I have a system with a Matrox IEEE1394, a tlc SONY DFW-X700 and IC_140 control. I want grab with external trigger but I can't utilize the AutoExposure, and the AutoGain doesn't work. When the external conditions change, is it possible, in trigger mode, that the brightness of the camera is automatically adjusted?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

This message was originally posted by Alfredo Bonfiglio in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Stefan Geissler
January 21, 2003, 10:14:52
Alfredo,

The automatic Gain Control does not work, if the external trigger has been enabled.
Also the reaction on an external tigger signal is disabled by the camera, as soon as auto exposure is enabled.

Therefore, the Sony DCam will not react automatically, if the the external conditions change while the external trigger is enabled.

You may disable the external trigger and run the camera in normal (untriggered ) mode until it has adjusted itself. Then your application disables auto gain and auto exposure control and enables the external trigger. What exactly to do, depends to the objectives of your application.