PDA

View Full Version : Lock on stop

Unregistered
January 9, 2003, 13:51:06
Hi, i've update ic to 1.4 in my VB application and when i run a capture session (a lot of start/stop), sometime the program locks on stop.The same thing with your sample application made with VB, but not with the C example.
Also the C example have the pause button, but the vb haven't it

VB6 sp5,W2k SP3, DX 8.1, standard DV, XP1600+,256RAM

This message was originally posted by Willyx in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
January 9, 2003, 18:52:02
Hello,

We did not recognize this behaviour.
In general it is not a good idea to use a sequence of start-stop calls. You should use the new pause functionlity of IC 1.4.

For more details, please refer to:
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/docs/html/activex/ref/ic/i_ic_livecapturepause.htm
and
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/docs/html/class/ref/class/grabbersinktype/c_grabbersinktype_setsinkmode.htm

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
January 9, 2003, 22:34:08
I'll try in another PC.
However another question...in the manual i see that i need to install *.tca files to configure codecs.What is the meaning of install?I've tryed to copy *.tca in the same position of the program, but doesn't work.If I install IC sdk works, but in a clean Pc i'm unable to install only tca to configure codecs.I need to do something in the regedit?

Thanks

This message was originally posted by Willyx in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
January 10, 2003, 11:49:51
Willy,

the *.TCA files must reside in the same directory as your application resides. They are called by the classlib DLLs and the IC Imaging Control ActiveX at runtime of your application. The *.tca files are only usable if a corresponding codec is installed on your PC. For example, if your do not have DIVX 5.02 installed on you PC, the D502.tca file is never used.

If you change the working directory of your application, it is possible, that your application will no longer find the *.TCA files. Visual Basic applications will change the working directory, if they open a file in an different directory. A solution to solve this, is to save the program directory and change the to it back after file operations have been done. Another solution is to save the *.TCA files in the \windows\system32 directory.

Best regards
Stefan
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.