View Full Version : startLive() question

Unregistered
December 17, 2002, 19:29:25
In your sample, the folowing code will grab a frame:

grabber->startLive( false );
grabber->snapImages( NUM_BUFFERS ); // grab images
grabber->stopLive(); // stop the grabber

Questions:

1. If I let startLive( false ) run all the time through my whole application, then every time when I want to capture frames, I just call

grabber->snapImages( NUM_BUFFERS ); // grab images

at the end of the application, I will call grabber->stopLive(). Is it possible, or will it speed up the capturing since I do not have to call the startLive() and stopLive() pair every time I want to capture a frame ?

2. What does startLive( false ) do to the application when it is running? Will it consume a lot of application resources if I let it running all the time?

Thank You!

This message was originally posted by Yi Ren in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 18, 2002, 17:59:24
Hello,

If you call startLive only once at the beginning of your application, the image stream is running all the time. The frames are not copied to the mem buffer collection unless you call snapImages. But all frames are processed (color conversion etc.).
In IC 1.4, you have the possibility to pause the image stream, if you do not want to call snapImages. Pausing the image stream means: the streams remains initialized and no frames are processed. This new pause feature reduces the processor load to 0, if no frames will be grabbed. On the other hand, restarting the image stream is very fast in comparision to a stop - start sequence because the image stream remains initialized.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 19, 2002, 17:34:52
Thank you very much! Man, I do want that V1.4. Does it come out yet ?

This message was originally posted by Yi Ren in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.