PDA

View Full Version : Images in VB

Unregistered
January 31, 2002, 13:12:55
This is probably a really basic question for some but it's got me scratching my head so I thought it quicker to ask.
I simply need to copy the current image into a VB image or picture box. It's probably just a couple of lines of code to achieve this but what are they?

Many thanks in advance for (hopefully) answering.

This message was originally posted by Tony in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
January 31, 2002, 18:35:03
Hello Tony,

IC Imaging Control does not provide a Picture property at the moment.
The easiest way to transfer an image from IC Imaging Control to a
picture box is:
1) save the image with IC Imaging Control to disk and
2) load it with the picture box

ICImagingControl1.MemorySaveImage "c:\temp\temp01.bmp"
Picture1.Picture = LoadPicture("c:\temp\temp01.bmp")

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
February 1, 2002, 09:52:35
Thanks for the reply. It's the obvious way but unfortunately far to slow to be of use.

This message was originally posted by Tony in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
February 1, 2002, 11:00:13
Just wanted to add that the software is great as far as it goes but.... the current price per runtime license is stupidly high and prevents it from being used at all on a wide variety of applications simply because the license price will be higher than the software selling price.
This would not be so bad if it could be used for apps built to a higher price point but this just simply isn't worth doing as the features are very limited.

As I say generally a good product just a bad pricing strategy. BTW, thanks again for the reply above, can't fault the support and response times :)

Unregistered
February 5, 2002, 20:32:37
Hello Tony

Thanks for you positive feedback regarding IC Imaging Control's features and our support response times.

I do not quite see your point regarding the pricing, though. You say that ' the license price will be higher than the software selling price' - that depends upon the number of end-user applications you sell.

If you are planning to sell only 100 copies of your software at $29 each, you will only make a total turnover of $2,900. This is not very much for an entire software project.

In my opinion, selling a software package for $29 can make sense, but only in a quantity of 10,000 or above. For 10,000 copies, a runtime license for IC Imaging Control, for example, would only cost 49 cents each.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
February 7, 2002, 16:46:25
Not at all really - the point is a very valid one. It is unrealistic at best for any non-major software developer to obtain an immediate contract for 10,000 units of a product when it is new to the market. Sales predictions may be for 10,000+ units after a period of time retailing at around $30-$50 but this cannot possibly happen immediately. This means that for a period of time the software would need to be sold at little or no profit or possibly even a loss (the retailer requires a high % of the 30-50).

As I say - it may mean looking for an alternative for the project we are looking at as although the $29 tag could be absorbed it would make a huge impact on profit margin. For a scaled down mass market version the pricing structure is totally unrealistic for the points above.

We were basically hoping to save a little time which is where your product would score major points but it's looking like we'll have to develop similar ourselves to do the task.

Now if you could add a feature to copy an image direct to the clipboard or a picture box in VB.......

Unregistered
February 7, 2002, 18:16:24
I know it sounds like I'm complaining a lot but it does seem to be a very stable and useful bit of software - it's a shame if a few fairly minor points stop me using it. I just wanted to add to the price issue that of course the biggest problem with selling any sort of volumes of a product using your code in it is the W98/ME thing. W/out it working on these systems there is currently only a very small market for any product using it on home PC's........

Unregistered
February 14, 2002, 19:13:31
Hello Tony

We will provide a picture property with the next update.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Unregistered
February 14, 2002, 19:15:49
Hello Tony

At the moment there are no plans to support Windows 98/ME or NT.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Unregistered
June 27, 2002, 23:38:15
Dear Prof.

I have a questions. I do a project concern a stereo vision. I used a same cameras. "How I can get a image file from 2 cameras ?" Could you help me?
Thank you very much

Best Regrad

Rerng

e-mail: st018574@ait.ac.th

This message was originally posted by Rerng in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
June 28, 2002, 11:02:12
Hello,

The problem of a stereo application that you have to take a picture from two cameras that are integrated by the two cameras at the same time. This can be achieved by using a trigger signal.
You need two cameras that provide a trigger input (like the SONY DCAM camera DFW-V500).

A stereo image can be grabbed using two IC Imaging Controls in trigger mode. As soon as the images are grabbed they can be saved as a bmp file (IC Imaging Control provides a save function).

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Unregistered
July 2, 2002, 22:42:30
Dear Prof.

Thank very much for answer.

Rerng

This message was originally posted by Rerng in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.