PDA

View Full Version : Probleme in codec selection

Unregistered
December 11, 2002, 15:24:03
I try to use the trial version of IC Imaging Control but when I try to use the demo application "Capturing an AVI File" a problem occur:
A device is connected and displayed on the screen, but when I select "Capture AVI" button an error occur : "Method AVICompressors of object IICImagingControl Failed".
What can I do to solve my problem?

This message was originally posted by joel Ducleroir in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 11, 2002, 16:51:29
Hello Joel,

Which codec do you use? Some codecs listed in the codec list box do not work correctly because they only decode. If you use Windows XP, the first codec listed in the codec combo list box will not work. Use the MPEG codec or the DV Encoder codecs for your first attempts.

Best regards
Stefan
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 11, 2002, 17:41:12
I cannot use any Codec because the error append when I clic on the button "Capture AVI" And when I try to debug with VB, I see that the code below doesn't work

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim Codec As AviCompressor

' Fill the combobox "cboVideoCodec" with the available
' avi compressors (codecs)
For Each Codec In ImagingControl.AviCompressors
cboVideoCodec.AddItem Codec.Name
Next
cboVideoCodec.ListIndex = 0
End Sub

The property ImagingControl.AviCompressors is not set

Regards

This message was originally posted by joel Ducleroir in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 11, 2002, 18:43:04
Hello,

Which version of VB do you use and which service pack for Visual Studio did you install ?

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 11, 2002, 18:46:29
I use VB6 SP5

regards

Unregistered
December 11, 2002, 18:53:26
Hello,

Did you install the service pack 2 for IC 1.3 ?

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Unregistered
December 11, 2002, 19:04:57
Yes, the same thing happen

regards

Unregistered
December 11, 2002, 19:17:13
Hello,

Please put your whole project in a zip file and send it to: support@imagingcontrol.com

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support