PDA

View Full Version : The time

Unregistered
December 2, 2002, 09:50:23
I'm working at high-speed image processing. Currently I'm using a standard CCIR or EIA camera with a standard analog video frame grabber. I know the technology 1394 in cameras and frame grabbers and I wonder If I could make the change to 1394 without any problems. I want to know the image transfer time and the minimum trigger to trigger time (in usec).
Thanks.

This message was originally posted by Xavi in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 2, 2002, 20:04:11
Hello,

At the moment I do not know DCAM cameras (FireWire cameras) that provide frame rates higher than 30 fps.
Our Video to FireWire converter DFG/1394-1 provides a field based image stream. Filed based means: 50 fps (odd and even fields).

For more information, please refer to:

http://www.1394imaging.com/products/interfaces/dfg13941/

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 3, 2002, 10:53:26
Hello,

Thanks for the quickly answer. And how dos it do in asynchronous transfer?. A trigger input initiate the acquisition of an image at any time, transfer the image (in 1/30 fps) and then can I trigger the camera without any delay and initiate another image transfer inmediatly?. I think in standard EIA cameras whith synchronous transfer mode where I can only get an image every 1/30 sec.

Thanks,

Xavi

This message was originally posted by Xavi in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.