PDA

View Full Version : Switching between 2 cameras very rapidly (in c++)

Unregistered
November 22, 2002, 21:12:05
Hi,
I'm using the DFG/1394-1 Firewire-to-Video Converter (referred to as device) to do some image processing. In my application I have to use two cameras (which I connect to comp0 and comp1 of the device). Although there are two firewire outputs on the device, I believe that only one of them outputs the camera signal.

The problem is that I need to switch between the two camera as many times i can do in a second. Say the goal is to get 5 frames from each camera in a second ( if possible). I noticed that even after stopping the live feed there appears to be some images in the buffer from the previous input channel.

I would like to know how quickly the input channels can be changed/alternated, without messing up the live feed. Also pointers to any sample source code (in c++) for the same application will be of great help.
Thanks
VV

This message was originally posted by VV in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
November 25, 2002, 18:38:44
Hello,

You are right, the converter can handle only one video signal at the same time. There is a multiplexer that switches the inputs.
With IC 1.3, you will get probably one image from every of the two cameras. With IC 1.4 it may be possible to get a little bit more (maybe 2 images from every of the two cameras). We have to make further tests to verify this.
5 images from every of the two cameras will not be possible.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.