PDA

View Full Version : loading directx graphs that contain a Sony 1394 Capture filter using IGraphBuilder::RenderFile()

Unregistered
November 12, 2002, 23:04:10
Hello

I built a filter graph using GraphEdit of the DirectX 8.1 SDK using the Sony 1394 WDM Capture Filter and a VidoRenderer (or NullRenderer). Therefore the filter of the zip- file on http://www.1394imaging.com/products/cameras/xcdx700/ was used. The DirectX graph is executing correctly using a Sony XCD-X700. Afterwards I tried to open the stored filter graf file in a self- written application using the IGraphBuilder::RenderFile() operation. The routine can successfully open filter graphs that display media streams (avi or mpeg files) but the RenderFile() call fails returning VFW_E_UNSUPPORTED_STREAM <Cannot play back the file: the format is not supported.> when opening the described graph. Can you tell me what might be the cause for this behavior and perhaps give me hints how to open the file, or else what I have to consider when not loading a grf file but building a filtergraph containing the sony filter when executing the application instead.

Best regards
Martin Wimmer

This message was originally posted by Martin Wimmer in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
November 14, 2002, 10:02:56
Hello,

Using the DirectShow API is extremely complicated and can be very hard. There are tons of problems you can run into, especially if you try to write an application that will run on every system. This is the reason why we built IC Imaging Control.

I am sorry, but we cannot answer questions regarding DirectShow API programming in this forum.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
November 14, 2002, 10:21:07
Hello,

You are using the wrong method. IGraphBuilder::RenderFile() tries to play back a media file (i.e. AVI). Loading a filter graph is described in the MSDN Library October 2002:

Graphics and Multimedia\DirectX\SDK Documentation\DirectShow\Using
DirectShow\Simulating Graph Building with GraphEdit

sections:

Saving a Filter Graph to a GraphEdit File
Loading a GraphEdit File Programmatically

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.