PDA

View Full Version : IC v1.1 Kill's VB

Unregistered
January 24, 2002, 18:33:49
In attempting to set the device property of the control, the control causes VB to crash. Microsoft DV driver, VB 6, Sony iLink, XP The error appears to be being thrown from within the DirectShow libraries. Are there patches/updates for the OS that I have yet to install? Any help would be much appreciated. I REALLLY need this product to work for me!!!!

This message was originally posted by Matt Cookman in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
January 25, 2002, 19:04:58
Hello Matt,

You should switch off the power management. Especially on laptops the power management causes unpredictable behaviour of WDM streaming drivers.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
January 27, 2002, 01:44:19
Do you realize what you just asked someone to do?

Turn off power management on a LAPTOP!

C'MON! This is version 1.1... more like 0.4 I would say. You can't tell people to change the way their computers work just to make your control run OK. If MS can make it work with Movie Maker, then so can you. I can plug my camera into any computer running win xp or ME and movie maker just works. Yours should do the same.

James Hancock

This message was originally posted by James Hancock in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
February 5, 2002, 19:38:37
We investigated the problem and found out the following:

IC Imaging Control does not crash VB. Instead, it generates an error that causes VB to close the project and the VB IDE itself. This only happens:

1. if a DV device is selected
2. the operating system is Windows XP

The problem is caused by the DV driver that ships with Windows XP. It does not occur on Windows 2000, nor with other devices.

In contrast to Win2K, the XP DV driver does not support different video standards (like PAL or NTSC). Therefore, IC Imaging Control queries the device for a list of video formats that are not video standard dependant. This leads to an empty list of available video standards, which is considered an invalid state.

We will provide a workaround for this behavior in the next service pack.

In addition, the next service pack will enable you to control the drive of a DV device (PLAY, STOP, REWIND etc). DV codec parameter settings will be supported, too.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.