PDA

View Full Version : Cameras supporting Pan/Tilt/Zoom

Unregistered
November 5, 2002, 22:20:07
I am about to implement a surveillance system which requires full PTZ capability through the windows (xp) software application.

I have seen the information on the Sony Firewire range of cameras with Zoom support in the WDM driver.

Are you aware of any cameras with WDM drivers supporting all 3 features ?

Failing this, would you recommend :-

a) The Sony Firewire option with Zoom support through the ICImaging software and Pan/Tilt support through a separate RS232 controlled Pan/Tilt unit.

b) A camera with integrated PTZ controlled via RS232 (e.g. Sony EVI D30).

c) another option ?

Your recommendations would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mark

This message was originally posted by Mark Butler in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
November 6, 2002, 01:36:15
Hi Mark

I'll like to see your version of the surveillance system if you don't mind. I'm a final year student. I'll like to get some sample and modified it to my needs but i'll be grateful if you could let me look at your source code.

This message was originally posted by jacob in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
November 6, 2002, 17:55:08
Hello,

system a) and b) both will work. You have to take into account that the EVI camera is not suitable for out door applications because there is no out door housing for it.

Best regards
Johannes
Ic Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

MagiCminD
March 4, 2004, 00:50:32
Anyone has an ActiveX or DLL that can control the

Logitech Quickcam Sphere (Orbit in the US) PTZ feature?

Thank you!

Fernando Trindade
fernando.trindade@magicmind.org

Johannes Vogel
March 4, 2004, 19:26:52
Hello,

If the WDM / DirectShow driver of the camera provides properties for PTZ, it can be controlled using IC Imaging Control. You can download the trial version of IC and check whether or not the PTZ properties are available in the demo programs.