PDA

View Full Version : Error with ATI Rage

Unregistered
October 25, 2002, 12:37:10
I've just downloaded the trial version and when testing the C++ sample application provided, which detects properly my ATI Rage Theatre Video Capture device, I receive the following error message:
------------
An unexpected DShowLibException occured: CFilterGraph::startGraph() : failed to start the graph
COM Error Message: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

In file: C:\CSource\core\DShowLib\FilterGraph.cpp at line : 234
------------

Formerly the VB sample provoked the same error message but now when pushing the play button it just hangs.

I'm running under Win2k SP3.

Any idea?

This message was originally posted by Rodrigo in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 28, 2002, 14:36:32
Hello,

with Service Pack 2, you should be able to start the graph. Unfortunately the ATI WDM Stream Class driver does not implement the property ranges correctly. Therefore it is not possible to chage properies from IC.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 29, 2002, 15:10:54
What is the matter with SP3?

This message was originally posted by Rodrigo in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 29, 2002, 15:21:59
Hello,

There is no SP3 for IC 1.3.
Please make sure you have installed SP2 for IC 1.3. IF SP2 is installed you sould be able to start the live display. But there are limitations to the functionality of IC due to non proper behavior of the ATI driver:
Unfortunately the ATI WDM Stream Class driver does not implement the property ranges correctly. Therefore it is not possible to chage properies from IC.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.