PDA

View Full Version : supported video sources

Unregistered
October 9, 2002, 10:20:30
I'm sorry but i am confused.

Could you please tell me exactly what are the video sources supported by this ocx. Is it possible to have the output of a video player be the video source, without using any capture board or something between the player and the pc? What I want to do is to capture the video and save it into a file(which can be done using IC Imaging Control) and then output that same video to another device, a tv for example.

Hope you could help. Thank you.

This message was originally posted by amie in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 9, 2002, 20:29:54
Hello,

If the video player has a FireWire or USB interface and if there is a WDM streaming compliant driver for the player, IC will be able to interface to this device. If the video player provides an analog video output, you will need some kind of video grabber in your PC. If there is a WDM streaming compliant driver for this grabber, IC will be able to interface to this device.

Playback of AVI files and output to video devices is not provided by IC.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 10, 2002, 03:06:04
Thank you for the immediate reply.

We'll be using a video player that outputs analog video, so we'll be needing a video grabber. Could you please suggest which video grabber works very well with your IC.

It's sad to know that it doesn't support playback to video devices. Do you have another ocx that does this kind of task? Or have you known one?

Thanks!

This message was originally posted by amie in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 11, 2002, 16:57:14
Hello,

You can use our video to FireWire converter DFG/1394-1 or you can use BT878 based frame grabbers with a suitable WDM Stream Class driver.

Please note that IC does not support audio.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.