PDA

View Full Version : information

Unregistered
October 8, 2002, 16:16:55
The reason why i ask these questions is that our opertors watches the news and they have to bookmark various portions of news for our clients. they can never bookmark exactly a portion of news because some time they click few seconds before and some times few seconds after so they will have to move back or forward the bookmark to get the exact portion

1.Is it possibile to bookmark pieces of news and save the entire news with index. so if the opertor needs to see some portion of news he can click on that index to see only that portion and cut it if he wants

2. Is it possibile to move back or forward these bookmarks in order to cut the exact portion of news.

Thanks in advance

This message was originally posted by Kamal in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 9, 2002, 19:24:52
Hello,

I am afraid, I do not understand your questions. Are you using IC in an application ?

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 10, 2002, 08:19:08
I would like to use ic control in vb application using Video capture card Matrox Marvel G450 eTV.Using this application i would like to caputure all the news and certain programmes of tv.
For me a mark or bookmark can be a rectangle or a line on the stream to indicate the start and the end of certain piece of stream(News or any programme of tv)
My questions were following
1. If it was possible to mark(index or bookmark) the start and the end of certain part or service of the news during capturing the stream of the news.So after capturing all the news then,using these marks(index or bookmarks), i could open the stream file and can go directly to the various portions of the news. i need this bookmarking or indexing the stream file because later on i would cut some of these portions of the news for our clients who are interested only in certain portions. if i cannot index the stream then i would see all the stream to find the particular portion of news.

2. is it possible to modify(move backward or forward) these marks(bookmarks) on the stream.

Thanks for reply.

This message was originally posted by Kamal in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 11, 2002, 15:45:07
Hello,

I suppoese you need not only video but the audio too. IC has no functionality to handle sound. It is not a good idea to write image information onto the video itself. You should rather use an index database which contains the start an end time in terms of the AVI time information. What you need is a system that records video and audio to an AVI file. Secondly your operators would use controlm to playback the video and specify the begin and end frame. Doing this in a playback control you have the AVI time for these frames and can store them in a database. The benefit of this method is that decouple the recording from specifying the bookmarks.

I am afraid that IC is not the suitable tool for your task because you need audio.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 11, 2002, 16:07:03
Thanks for reply.

This message was originally posted by kamal in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.