PDA

View Full Version : Write to AVI error

Unregistered
September 20, 2002, 22:13:15
Hi,

I use a Logitech QuickCam USB (Driver version 7 recently updated).

Everything works fine, exept save to AVI, even in the demo application. The error message is:

An unexpected DShowLibException occured: CFilterGraph::addFilter(CFilter& op2, WMVideo8 Encoder DMO ) : failed to add the filter to the graph
COM Error Message: Un error de certificación originó errores en la operación.
In file: C:\CSource\core\DShoeLib\FilterGraph.cpp at line : 196

This happens with the following codecs: WMVideo Encoder DMO and WMVideo8 Encoder DMO, other Microsoft codecs produce other errors. I want to use this codecs, because "I think" they produce the best quality with small file size and low CPU utilization (is this true? do recommend other codec instead?)

I tried this on two machines:

1.- W2K Server SP3 Spanish, P III 750 MHz dual processor, 512 MB RAM (This machine has Windows Media Encoder 7 installed and it works fine).

2.- WinXP Pro (no SP1) Spanish, P 4 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM (This machine does not have Windows Media Encoder installed. It's a clean install, it only has VStudio 6.0 SP5 Spanish, IC Imaging and, of course, all of the winXP patches)

The file wich raises the error (C:\CSource\core\DShoeLib\FilterGraph.cpp) does not exist in any of these machines. Because one is installed in drive E: and the other is in drive I:. "??????" (Verified with Windows Explorer, may be is a temp file).

I think the problem is the MS Codec, does this save to AVI files? I think it doesn't.

Best Regards

This message was originally posted by Luis in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
September 24, 2002, 14:05:03
Hello,

Please send the above error description to support@imagingcontrol.com
In addiditon we need to know which version and SP of IC are you using.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.