PDA

View Full Version : Sony X700 Camera not Recog by VB tool

Unregistered
September 20, 2002, 22:56:44
I have a Dell notebook upon which I have installed the ICImaging Tool. I using it with WIN2000 and a Sony DFW-X700 camera in VB6.

Everything I want to do works well. So I went out and bought another Sony DFW-X700 camera.

When I plugged in the new camera Plug&Play wanted to do a new installation. Okay, did that and then tried the SonyDCam example VB executatble. Showed that the camera was working fine.

But the next step was a failure. I openned a VB source code example "Firstapp" and could not get the system to find the camera. No video source.

I unplugged and replugged the camera (slowly) and still no. Device manager shows a correctly installed camera. And the SonyDCam example still works as does Graphedt.exe

First camera now doesn't work the same way. I'm moving backward.

Is there a new version of camera or something I'm missing? Serial numbers on the cameras are within 80 of one another.

This message was originally posted by Brad Boyce in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
September 24, 2002, 15:07:20
Hello,

Please send the obve error description to support@imagingcontrol.com

In addition we need to know which driver (driver name and revision) for the DFW-X700 are you using.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 9, 2002, 18:44:59
Support,

There is no error message. The Device Manager sees the camera. And the program "Sony DCam Demo (Visual Basic)" runs and finds the camera. When I create a VB project and put an ICImagingControl onto the form the properties window show the Device property as "None" and there is no drop-down list offered.

I do not have this problem with the DFG1394. It works well.

I have uninstalled everything and then I have reinstalled the ICImagingControl 1.3, sp2, the SonyDriver, and the Sony_Addon (in that order). I have also used Uninstall from the Device Manager and reinstalled the camera using the HAVE DISK and pointing to the c:\Sonydriver directory that is the result of the above installations.

From the Device Manager, Imaging Devices, Sony 1394 DFW-X700 Camera, Properties under the Driver tab I read a Driver version of 5.0.3000.15 and a driver name of "Sony 1394 DFW-X700 Camera". Under Driver Details I see a file version: 5.1.2258.400 built by: Lab06_N(mmbuild)

Sorry about my slow response, I have been on travel.

Brad

This message was originally posted by Brad Boyce in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 11, 2002, 17:07:53
Hello,

I assume you bought the DFG/1394-1 converter and got a version of IC together with the converter. The version that is shipped for free with the converter is the Standard version (serial number starts with "IS"). This means that IC "sees" only the converter and no other devices like the Sony camera. The compiled demos do not have this limitation.
If you do not have a Professional versin of IC you will only be able to do software development for the DFG/1394-1.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support.

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 11, 2002, 19:47:43
In fact, you are exactly correct. I bought the IC Professional control, but then when I also bought a DFG/1394-1 I reloaded the Standard version. Too many balls in the air I guess. Or maybe 49 is too old for a programmer.

Best regards and thanks,
Brad