PDA

View Full Version : Sony Add On Installation Procedure

Unregistered
August 28, 2002, 10:07:18
Hi,

DX : 8.1 retail
Camera : Sony DFW-X700
Adapter : Unibrain Fireboard 400 OHCI

I am experiencing difficulty installing the Sony Add On to a new Imaging Control 1.3 installation.

If I unzip the files and run the setup.exe I get ...

"Warning Sony DCam driver is not installed yet
Please install version 5.0.300.15 or higher !"

"No Sony DCam in the current device list.
Please connect your Sony DCam to your computer"

Connecting the camera makes no difference. The zip contents appear to be installed onto IC 1.3 however.

Could you please provide the correct installation procedure for installing the Add On to a clean Imaging Control 1.3 installation.

Many thanks.

Chris

This message was originally posted by Chris Elam in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 28, 2002, 10:55:19
Hello Chris,

The check that is done after the DLLs have been installed, is to make shure, that the correct driver version for the Sony DCams is installed on your computer. If the message "Warning Sony DCam driver is not installed yet,Please install version 5.0.300.15 or higher !" appears, the file "sonyfcam.sys" could not be found in the windows\system32\drivers directory. This may happen, if the bat job, delivered by the Sony DCam driver, has not been executed, before the driver itself is installed.

If you start the SonyDemp application, check whether the Sony parameters for red and blue white balance are available. If they are not available, the correct driver for your camera is not installed and Windows uses the default Sony DCam driver.

The current Sony DCam driver can be downloaded here:
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/downloads/sony_firewire_addon/

Best regards
Stefan
IC Support

This message was originally posted by Stefan in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.