PDA

View Full Version : I can modify the device settings options

Unregistered
August 26, 2002, 18:25:56
I can`t modify the device settings (I need modify the zoom value) in the VBasic sample application. My Panasonic DS27 is a European camera, so it don't have DV-in feature, is the problem here???

Thanks!

Another question: I canīt execute others samples in IC directory. They say me that the software isn't a correct license...

This message was originally posted by _Virtus_ in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 27, 2002, 08:35:49
Hello,

The zoom value can only be altered, if this value is exported by the WDM driver of the camera. If the slider for zoom is disabled, the zoom is not exported by the camera's WDM driver. This problem is not the missing DV-in feature.

If you try to compile the classlib (vc6) examples, an error message appears. The error message can be found in the main function starting with "#error...". Just write comments on the start of the line and then compile again.
The trial version needs no serial number at the function "InitLibrary(0)"

Best regards
Stefan
IC Support

This message was originally posted by Stefan in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 27, 2002, 12:41:00
But, I can't find WDM driver for my camera (Panasonic DS27). There is some Panasonic Generic WDM Driver???. Another solution???

Thanks in advance!!!

This message was originally posted by _Virtus_ in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 27, 2002, 12:46:40
Hello,

You use the generic Microsoft DV driver. This means, zoom etc is not supported for DV cameras.

Best regards
Stefan
IC Support

This message was originally posted by Stefan in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 27, 2002, 12:48:23
I know... but, there is another driver where I can use the zoom parameter?

Unregistered
August 27, 2002, 12:50:32
Hello,

As far as we know, there no driver.

Best regards
Stefan
IC Support

Unregistered
August 28, 2002, 12:49:42
Hello,

I doubt that the zoom lens of a DV camcorder an be remote controlled over the FireWire bus. If you want to remote control the lens of a camera you have to use the Sony DCAM camera DFW-VL500. More information about this camera can be found here:

http://www.1394imaging.com/products/cameras/
http://www.1394imaging.com/products/cameras/dfwvl500/

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 29, 2002, 18:10:34
Really I need to know the DV Camera Zoom Value in Real Time over the FireWire Bus. So, if the user touch the Zoom Control in the camera, I need to know always where it is, from my program.

Thanks.

Unregistered
August 30, 2002, 09:06:44
Hello,

Again, as far as we know, there is no way to control the zoom lens of a DV camcorder over the FireWire bus. If you need a remote control for the a zoom lens, you can use the SONY DFW-VL500 DCAM FireWire camera.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
November 8, 2002, 20:19:08
Is it possible at all to issue RAW AV/C commands to make the zoom work using msdv.sys? Or will this not work either?

This message was originally posted by Zack Farmsworth in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
November 11, 2002, 09:40:06
Hello,

We do not know whether this works, but we doubt it. Anyway, this would not be a generic driver independent way and therefore IC cannot support it.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support