PDA

View Full Version : Inserting Pictures Into An Access Database

Unregistered
August 23, 2002, 23:13:17
Hello,
I'm trying to write a VB program that will take snapshots with a USB webcam and put them into an access database. I can take snapshots and save them to files easily enough, so I'm thinking it shouldn't be impossible to save them to a database instead. I just don't know how to go about doing it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Oh yes, I'm using ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) to interface with the database.

Thanks.

This message was originally posted by Bill in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 28, 2002, 12:54:07
Hello,

The easiest way is to save the image to disk an store the image file as a BLOB in the database. Obviously not an elegant nor fast way.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 9, 2002, 21:44:28
I am trying to do the same thing. Did you find a solution?

This message was originally posted by Southwest in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 10, 2002, 10:18:00
Hello,

The problem here is: how to store image data in a database. Therefore, it is a problem of database programming rather than a problem of programming IC. IC provides three methods of accessing image data:

- save to disk
- get a handle to a DIB
- get a pointer to the raw data.

Which way of accessing the image data is the best depends on the way the image data will be stored in the database.
Again: this is a database problem rather than an IC problem and is strongly dependent on the kind of database that is going to be used.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.