PDA

View Full Version : Live Video Text Overlay using C++

Unregistered
August 21, 2002, 23:16:51
Is there a way to overlay text / graphics on the live video when using the ImagingControl in C++? I have inserted the ImagingControl as an ActiveX control into a Dialog resource in my C++ project and created the automatically-generated wrapper class to enable me to call all the methods of the control.

I have seen the answer to the previous post, but this only explains how to do it using Visual Basic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve.

This message was originally posted by Steve Lackenby in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 22, 2002, 09:15:38
Hello Steve,

The sized image example shows how to display the frames in an CStatic control window. Therefore a HDC is used. After blitting the image in the HDC, you can use the standard GDI functions to draw lines and text.

The sized image example is downloadable at

http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/downloads/code/snippet/2_0.htm

Best regards
Stefan
IC Support

This message was originally posted by Stefan in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 23, 2002, 08:45:11
Stefan,

Thanks for the quick response...

Is there a way to do this when using the ICImagingControl as an ActiveX control in my C++ project, rather than using the C++ class library?

Thanks, Steve.

This message was originally posted by Steve Lackenby in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
January 7, 2003, 15:08:05
Hello,

IC 1.4 provides built-in overlay functionality.#
IC 1.4 is now shipping.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.