PDA

View Full Version : using DFG 1394-1 video to fireWire converter under Linux

Unregistered
August 21, 2002, 14:15:26
hello
I bought the DFG 1394-1 video converter, and I would like to use it for grabbing images under LINUX , what drivers do I need ? is the data is in the regular dc1394 format ?
what do I need to do to get the images ?

thenks
Eyal

This message was originally posted by eyal bagon in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 22, 2002, 13:02:34
Hello,

I am sorry, but I have to tell you that there is no LINUX driver for the DFG 1394-1. It is not decided yet whether or not we will develop a driver for LINUX. Using a standard DCAM driver will not work because the DFG 1394-1 handles field based images and is therefore not DCAM compliant.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 25, 2002, 11:05:03
hello

I realy need to operate the DFG 1394-1 under Linux. I can write a driver for it if it's needed
but I need the format of the packecets that are sent and some addresses / types of control registers.
where can I get those specifications ?

Thanks
Eyal

This message was originally posted by Eyal in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 28, 2002, 17:01:44
Hello,

We will discuss this matter. As soon as we make a decision we will contact you directly.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 16, 2002, 17:02:53
Hi,

our research group is also very interested in using this converter under Linux. I would like to be informed about progresses, if possible.

Thank you in advance,

Andres

This message was originally posted by Andres in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 22, 2002, 16:39:35
Hello,

Please call me in order to discuss further details.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Deepak
June 27, 2003, 04:01:12
I am also trying to get DFG 1394-1 working under Linux.

We recently purchased this product to interface a Sony PTZ camera (NTSC video) to the firewire port on a laptop. This setup will be carried by a robot. As you see, we have very limited choice here. There are no PTZ firewire cameras that I know of. There are no PCMCIA framegrabbers on laptop that run on linux.

So DFG 1394-1 is a great solution to our problem, if only I can get it to work under linux. I am ready to tweak the driver code if I can get some information on the format, mode etc

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Deepak

Johannes Vogel
July 16, 2003, 11:10:02
Hello,

We do not have a time plan for a Linus driver yet.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support