PDA

View Full Version : failed to connect the pins

Unregistered
August 12, 2002, 11:51:00
Hello,

I am using the most recent version off Imaging Control, with Win2K as development plattform and the 1394 as framegrabber. On my development machine everything worked fine for some days. But then suddenly, without having changed anything, i get the following error message when starting the DemoApplications:

An unexpected DShowLibException occured: CFilterGraph::connect( CPin& src, CPin& dest) : failed to connect the pins
COM Error Message: Es wurde kein Zwischenfilter für die Herstellung der Verbindung gefunden.
In file C:\CSource\core\DShowLib\FilterGraph.cpp at line : 317

Several attempts, recompiles, reboots, disconnecting the hardware and such did not help.The error suddenly was gone two days later, without having used the 1394. Since then everything seems fine on that machine.

On another test machine with XP and also the 1394, this error occured from the beginning, i never could start the demo applications succesfully.

Both machines are notbooks and have the newest versions of the required software (service packs, direct x) installed.

So, what do i do about this error? Which software component do i have to check?

Best regards, Martin

This message was originally posted by martin elsaesser in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 15, 2002, 10:58:40
Hello,

We assume that the problem is caused by the hardware setup you are using. We will contact you directly.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 15, 2002, 15:22:13
I have experienced the same problem recently after using my application successfully for some time. I am using IC1.3 and the Sony add-on pack with the Sony DFW-X700 IEEE1394 camera. The problem also appeared when using the demo applications shipped with IC 1.3 (they were previously working OK).
After much messing around I found the problem cleared itself after I changed to a different camera DFW-V500 for use with the application. When reverting back to the original DFW-X700 camera the problem has somehow cleared itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Chris Elam

This message was originally posted by Chris Elam in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 24, 2002, 18:53:31
I am experiencing exactly the same problem.

My setup is

ATI Wonder/VE video tuner/frame grabber
Win 2K
VB application

It seems to occur when I'm capture video to a disk file. I have tried changing codec selection and it seems to affect the problem but it still occurs.

This has been occurring on the Trial application. I am just about to install the $590 version.

A prompt response would be appreciated as this is an urgent need for us.

Robert Ramey

This message was originally posted by Robert Ramey in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 26, 2002, 17:46:32
Hello,

The ATI frame grabber can be used with limitations with the service pack 2 of IC Imaging Control 1.3. Some functions of ATI's WDM driver are not implemented DirectShow conform. These are for example the methods the get the ranges of a parameter. It seems, that the returned ranges are 0 any time, so the Demoapp.exe is not able to set the parameters. A workaround of this problem is to programm the ranges hard coded in the source code.
The service pack 2 can be installed on the trial version of IC Imaging Control.
It is available at
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/downloads/sps/

Best regards
Stefan
IC Support

This message was originally posted by Stefan in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 28, 2002, 16:45:01
Hello,

I have experienced the same problem recently after using my application successfully for some time:

I am using the version 1.1 off Imaging Control Standard, with Win2K as development plattform and the 1394 as framegrabber.

On a customer machine everything worked fine for some days. But then suddenly, without having changed anything, he get the following error message when starting my application which use then Imaging Control:

An unexpected DShowLibException occured: CFilterGraph::connect( CPin& src, CPin& dest) : failed to connect the pins
COM Error Message: Es wurde kein Zwischenfilter für die Herstellung der Verbindung gefunden.
In file C:\CSource\core\DShowLib\FilterGraph.cpp at line : 317

The error suddenly was gone some time later, without having used the 1394. Since then everything seems fine on that machine.

On another test machine with XP and also the 1394, this error occured from the beginning, i never could start the demo applications succesfully!!!

Both machines are notbooks and have the newest versions of the required software (service packs, direct x) installed. The imaging control has the version 1.1 (standard version).

So, what do i do about this error? Which software component do i have to check?

There are a lot of another people which have the same problem. Do you have a solution?

Best regards, Michael

This message was originally posted by Michael Remmel in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.