PDA

View Full Version : Frame capture rate

Unregistered
December 24, 2001, 18:36:24
I am trying to process images at real-time rates.

I expected frame rates of 30 frames/sec (33 milliseconds).

When I snap 1 image, I get a response from the callback function in about 130 milliseconds. When I snap several images, the response time (after the 1st one) is about 67 milliseconds per image.

This number (67) is twice as big as I expected. Could you please explain this ?

When I snap several images (such as 100), my drawing refresh seems to hangup. That is, my WM_PAINT calls don't get processed until the all the images are snapped. The CPU Iis occupied about 30% of the time (so there should be time to process the drawing). Is there anything in snapImages() that is preventing the drawing ?

I am running MSVC++ under Windows 2000.

Thanks,
Ed

This message was originally posted by Ed Cohen in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
January 3, 2002, 14:50:15
Hello Ed,

Yes there is a problem with the callback in the current version of IC Imaging Control. There will be a fix in the next release. We did a demo program which shows how to use the callback in order to do your own display. This demo will be included in the next release. The next release will be availbale next week.

Best regards

Johannes

IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.