PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Sony DFW-X700 on WinXP Pro

Unregistered
June 28, 2002, 22:01:55
Hi,

I am trying to use the IC control 1.3 with a Sony DFW-X700 firewire camera running under WinXP-Pro. I cannot get the IC demo programs to work with the camera. I am using the Sonyfcam.sys driver, version 5.00.3000.15

From similar postings to the support forum, I'm guessing the problem is with the driver. Can you provide me with a driver or help to get this working?

Thank you very much,
Mike Hilton

This message was originally posted by Mike Hilton in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
July 1, 2002, 10:41:00
Hello,
does the camera appear in the device list of IC Imaging Control?

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
July 1, 2002, 14:56:18
Johannes,

Yes, the Sony DFW-X700 appears in the device list of the demo and the IC control when placed on a VB6 form.

The problem with the demo occurs when the Preview|Start command is issued. In the VB demo, I get an "Automation Error. The object invoked has disconnected from its clients" message. The C++ demo just bombs with an unhandled Win32 exception.

When I try to use the IC control from VB, the LiveStart method fails.

Thanks,
Mike Hilton

This message was originally posted by Mike Hilton in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
July 1, 2002, 18:02:23
Hello,
I need a little bit more information about your setup:
- Laptop / PC
- DirectX version (runtime or debu)
- how did you install the driver (inf file / batch file)
- Processor type and speed
- graphics chip

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
July 2, 2002, 15:27:10
Here is the requested info:

- Laptop: Dell Latitude C610
- DirectX version 8.1 (4.08.01.0810). Most of the files are the "Final Debug" version, but a few are "Final Retail"
- SonyFCam driver was installed via INF file
- Processor: Pentium 3 mobile, 1.2GHz
- graphics chip: not sure how to get this. The display adapter is a Radeon Mobility, by ATI Technologies, but the device manager is unable to retrieve the details about the particular card.

This computer is just my current development machine. Once I develop software for this camera, it will be deployed to a variety of computer types. Could you tell me if the Sony DFW-X700 works with the IC control on any particular system configuration? I could switch over to some other platform if that might offer more hope.

Thanks,
Mike Hilton

Unregistered
July 2, 2002, 16:48:22
Hello,

There is a problem with the YUV transform filter that is used by IC Imaging Control and the DEBUG version of DirectX. If possible, you should use the RETAIL version of DirectX.

A few more questions:

-Did you verify the the Sonyfcam.sys driver is running ( drivers property page in the device manager) ?
-Is the DFW-X700 the only FireWire device on your FireWire bus?
-Does your your laptop have a built-in FireWire connector or do you use a FireWire card?
-Are you able to get a live image from the camera in the graph editor?

We found that the driver sometimes does not start if the camera is connected to the FireWire bus during the boot sequence. In these cases disconnecting and reconnecting the camera helps.

Unregistered
July 3, 2002, 16:38:28
Johannes,

After installing a fresh copy of WindowsXP containing the retail version of DirectX 8.1, the camera and IC control seem to be working together fine.

Thank you very, very much for your help.
Mike Hilton