PDA

View Full Version : Images turned upside-down.

Unregistered
June 28, 2002, 12:28:15
Hi.
I'm having an odd problem here. I'm using a Unibrain Fire-i400 (FireWire) camera. When I choose the setting "RGB24 (640 x 480)" for video format the rendered (as well as the captured) images get turned upside-down! This doesn't happen when I choose, for instance, "Y411 (640 x 480)" or "Y422 (640 x 480)".

Is this a bug in the runtime-library? Is there any way to work around this problem: Is there a setting for the ICImagingControl where you can change the image orientation?

Thanks,

Ole

This message was originally posted by Ole Jakobsen in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
June 28, 2002, 13:57:56
Hello,

Are you facing the same problem if you use the Unibrain driver in the graph editor ?

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support.

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
July 1, 2002, 11:32:57
Hello,
Thanks for your help I'm really appreciating it!
I tried out the Unibrain camera using the Graphedit program that ships with Microsofts DirectX software development kit. I'm using Win2000, W2KSP2.exe + DX81NTeng.exe.

1) I restarted the computer.

2) In graphedit I inserted the filter "Unibrain Fire-i driver / Unibrain Fire-i400" and choose to render from the filters capture pin => GraphEdit automatically builds a graph consisting of the source filter, an "AVI decompressor" and a "Video renderer" filter. When I choose RGB24 (640 x 480) the camera output displays correctly.

3) Immediately after this I try out the same videoformat using the ICImagingControl => The camera output is displayed upside-down.

4) After this I return to the GraphEdit program and perform the same procedure as in 4) => Graph Edit builds a graph consisting only of the "Unibrain Fire-i driver / Unibrain Fire-i400" source filter and the "Video Renderer" filter (NO AVI decompressor filter is inserted automatically this time!?). This graph displays images upside-down - just like the ICImagingControl!. I now manually have to insert an "AVI decompressor" to make GraphEdit display the images correctly when choosing RGB24 (640 x 480). It's as if the ICImagingControl has corrupted the GraphEdit programs ability to auto-build filter graphs correctly!?

After restarting the computer GraphEdit works as it should again. Perhaps I should mention that between steps 1-4 I only have one program running at a time (for instance when I'm using GraphEdit, my ImagingControl program is closed down).

Thanks for your help,
Ole

This message was originally posted by Ole Jakobsen in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
July 1, 2002, 12:50:53
Hello,
please do some more tests:

1) Start the graph editor after rebooting the system and insert the Unibrain driver. Rightclick on the capture pin and display the property page. Which video format is selected ?
Now specify RGB24 and close the property page. If you now render the graph, is the AVIDecompressor inserted and is the image upside down ?

2) Insert the Unibrain driver in the graph editor and specify RGB24 using the property page. If you now insert the AVIDecompressor manually and render the graph: is the image upside down?
After rendering this graph, please stop it and display the property page of the Unibrain driver without removing a connection of the graph. Which video format is selected ?

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
July 1, 2002, 17:15:59
Testresults:

1) I reboot, insert the Unibrain driver and get its Capture pin properties:
Video Standard: None
Color Space / Compression: Y444
Output Size: 160 x 120

On the capture pin I specify RGB24 (640 x 480): When rendering the graph the AVIDecompressor is NOT inserted and the image is turned upside-down.

2) I now insert the Unibrain driver and specify RGB24 on the capture pin. After that I insert an AVIDecompressor filter, and finally I render from the Unibrain drivers capture pin: BUT, the rendering proces ignores the AVIDecompressor filter and just connects the Unibrain driver directly to the Video renderer filter and the image is turned upside-down. The unibrain drivers filter property page says:

Pixel format: YUV 4:4:4
Image size: 160 x 120

If I try to manually draw a connection from the Unibrain drivers capture pin to
the "XForm in" on the AVIDecompressor filter the GraphEdit responds "These filters cannot agree on a connection. Verify type compatibility of input pin and output pin. No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection." The same message appears if I try to connect "XForm Out" on the AVI Decompressor to the Video renderer.

What is the difference between selecting RGB in the Filter properties page, and selecting it on the Capture pins property page?

Regards,
Ole