PDA

View Full Version : License issues

Unregistered
June 24, 2002, 12:09:36
Hi!
I have purchased a developer version + 10 run-time licenses. Now, in the chapter "Distributing your Applications" in your help-file it says that "if you create a setup program for your VB apllication with the Package and Deployment wizard you can skip the remainder of this chapter".

When I make an installation package I often have to go through the procedure numerous times to make sure that all necessary files are included. That is to say, I try the installation packages out by running them on a testcomputer. Does this mean that when I'm doing this the Imagingcontrol license "counts down" so that the installation suddenly won't work - allthough I havent distributed anything to a client yet (just tried things out..).

If you don't use D&P wizard to make an installation package then you point out that the "ICImagingControl.ocx" + "yuvxfm.dll" must be REGISTERED? What do you mean by this? Does my client have to type in a license code to use the runtime dll - or do you mean something like running regsvr32.exe in the windows system directory?

Regards
/Ole

This message was originally posted by Ole Jakobsen in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
June 25, 2002, 19:22:07
Hello,
There is no need to type in a license key during the installation of your program. You can test your installtion as often as you want. You only have to buy new licenses if you have sold 10 of your programs.

ICImagingControl.ocx and YUVxfm.dll have to be registered using regsvr32.exe

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.