PDA

View Full Version : Two 1394 cameras

Unregistered
December 19, 2001, 18:08:51
Hi,
I'm using Unibrain driver and I have two 1394 cameras (Sony DFW-V500 and a XCD-X700) attached to my computer.

1) The demo app seems to work not properly with the two cameras connected. You can check if it is a problem of your library or of the demo application.

2) I'd like to know if it is possible to snap a single image without start the live mode (as the snapImages() does), even using DirectShow API directly. This is because I need that the system does image processing, instead of spending all the CPU time acquiring images.

Ciao.

This message was originally posted by Stefano in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 21, 2001, 12:09:27
Hello Stefano

1) We tested IC Imaging Control with 2 USB cameras and it worked, as far as the 2 video streams do not exceed the bandwidth of the bus. You have to make sure (setting an appropriate video format) that the sum of the 2 vdeo streams is compatible with the usable bandwidth of the 1394 bus.
If it does not work even if you specify a small video format there might be a driver problem.

2) The next version of IC Imaging Control will provide the possibility to start the live mode without display. To grab single frames with minimum CPU usage you will have to start live mode, grab one frame and stop the live mode.

Best regards

Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
January 4, 2002, 19:54:41
Is there a big penalty associated with starting and stopping live mode

This message was originally posted by Jason Schlefier in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
January 4, 2002, 20:14:48
Yes, starting live mode is expensive because the filter graph is rebuild. At the moment there is no other way to get more cpu time.

Best regards

Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
May 22, 2002, 20:54:15
How do I trigger two Sony cameras(xcd-x700) simultaneously and download at 7.5frames per second mode to image buffers in VB6 .I only need one frame or snapshot. thanks

This message was originally posted by BILL in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
May 23, 2002, 13:58:19
Hello Bill,
You need two 1394 OHCI compliant host adaptors installed in your system. If you connect one camera to each host adaptor, you are able to start the exposure of the two cameras with one trigger signal simultaneously.
In Visual Basic, you have to drag two instances of IC Imaging Control to a form, enable the trigger input and grab one frame.
Thats it.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Unregistered
May 23, 2002, 17:50:59
On the Matrox IEEE1394 card with three outputs you only need a hub attachment to grab four cameras simultaneously. I thought that more cameras can be nested from one card. and that these devices run simultaneously .

This message was originally posted by BILL in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
May 23, 2002, 21:51:03
i have grabbed two images from simultaneous trigger closure from the SOny
xcd-x700 using the following code in one Command BUTTON.
Can you tell me the time interval between the two captures and how to make the time interval shorter:

CODE DESCRIPTION
IcImagingControl2.MemorySnapTimeout=1000
IcimagingControl2.DeviceTrigger=true
IcImagingControl2.LiveStart
IcImagingControl1.MemorySnapTimeout=1000
IcimagingControl1.DeviceTrigger=true
IcImagingDeviceControl1.LiveStart

Unregistered
May 24, 2002, 04:06:12
Make two command buttons
with the following code in button1
IcImagingControl2.MemorySnapTimeout=1000
IcimagingControl2.DeviceTrigger=true
IcImagingControl2.LiveStart
with the following code in button2
IcImagingControl1.MemorySnapTimeout=1000
IcimagingControl1.DeviceTrigger=true
IcImagingControl1.LiveStart
place each IcImagingControl2 &IcImagingControl1 object on form
Run code and left mouse each command button
two imageshoould appear.

This message was originally posted by jack in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
May 28, 2002, 16:52:34
I am using the above code from Jack to capture from two cameras .
when i end stop my program i get the following message.
"License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate
license to use this functionality in the design environment. "
Can this query be from the debug version of Directx8.1. Can modifying the registry correct this? Is it due to Sony Driver? Thanks, for your reply,Bill

Unregistered
May 30, 2002, 13:25:53
Hello,

please send us the VB project to support@imagingcontrol.com

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support