PDA

View Full Version : Capture Live Stream Information

Unregistered
December 18, 2001, 18:47:23
I am writing a live video processor to capture input from the IC Control, process the actual information and then display the image to screen. Right now I have written the application to use the SnapImage function and then retrieved the ptr to the image data, manipulated that and passed it on. This is working well but I am not sure if it is the most efficient way to do it? What is the difference between snapImage and isLive in terms of being able to access the memory of the incoming images.

Also my cameras device driver has flags to allow for autolight and exposure settings. Is there a way to make this dialog box popup. I have seen you implement such boxes in the VB smaple, but not in the C++ sample code.

Thanks, I really like the performance level of the component

This message was originally posted by Jason Schlefier in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 20, 2001, 14:25:50
Jason,

I don't have any answers for you, but it appears that we both are trying to do the same types of things.
I would be interested in communicating with you and perhaps we could help each other out.
I am working in Windows 2000 with MSVC++. I want to capture images and manipulate them before displaying them (such as perform blue screen functions).

My email is edwardcohen1@home.com.

Thanks,
Ed

This message was originally posted by Ed Cohen in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
December 21, 2001, 19:29:30
Hello Jason

Before you can call snapImage you have to start live mode. If you do not want the library to display a live image you have to call startLive (false);.
The method isLive shows whether live mode is on (if it is on you may call snapImage). The method snapImage returns as far as one image is transferred to the internal buffer. This means: as far as sanpImage returns you may access the image data.

Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.