PDA

View Full Version : BMP to JPG

Unregistered
April 29, 2002, 16:04:54
What product do you recommend to convert BMP files to JPG files. Currently, I am saving the BMP to disk, and then running a DLL to convert them. It takes most of my CPU and my Hard Drive goes crazy.

This message was originally posted by Jonathan Thomas in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
April 30, 2002, 08:51:35
Hi Jonathan,

there are various freeware libraries available. Search for "jpeglib.lib" on the internet.

Another option would be to use a professional software like Leadtools.

Best regards
Stefan
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
May 2, 2002, 17:35:05
Is there a reason why ‘IC’ only saves in ‘BMP’ format? Would like to save all images in ‘JPEG’ without having to use any additional software or code. Is this possible?

This message was originally posted by Paul Christensen in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
May 3, 2002, 12:40:12
We created a easy to use DLL that saves a 24 bit Membuffer to a JPG file.
You only need to add an include line, a library and following lines of code:

#include "jpeg.h"

if( !writeJPEG("test.jpg", 50, m_pGrabber->getActiveMemBuffer()) )
{
MessageBox("Error writing JPG","Error");
}

Please contact us via e-mail support@imagingcontrol.com so we can send a copy to you.

Best regards
Stefan
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 6, 2002, 13:07:29
I'm very interested by this DLL that saves a 24 bit Membuffer to a JPG file.
is it free?
in that case can you mail it to me??
thanks
julien couture

This message was originally posted by julien couture in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 14, 2002, 09:22:12
Can you use the abovementioned dll from visual basic as well (how?). In that case I would like you to send me a copy as well.
Thanks,
Ole

This message was originally posted by Ole Jakobsen in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
August 14, 2002, 10:04:28
One more question, perhaps you (or other visitors) can help.
In general what would you say is faster:
(1) Saving a bmp file directly to harddisk OR
(2) First converting a bmp-imagebuffer to jpeg format and then saving
a jpg-file to harddisk?

My program needs to continuosly capture still images to harddisk (10 secs. in between, 1024 x 768, 24 bit color depth). While doing this my program needs to pick up some fairly rapid interrupts (100 interrupts/sec.). Únfortunately my program misses some of these interrupts. I have a feeling that during harddisk operations the computer blocks for some of these interrupts. Do you think converting a bmp-buffer to jpg before saving it (and thereby avoiding a lengthy disk operation) would minimize my interrupt problem?
Best regards,
Ole

This message was originally posted by Ole Jakobsen in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
October 17, 2002, 08:30:36
hello guys!

i also want to save the captured image as jpeg instead of a bitmap. can you send me a copy of your dll thru email? is it for free?

thanks in advance!

This message was originally posted by amie in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
November 18, 2002, 21:32:37
This seems like a pretty popular subject. I'm glad I checked here first!

I too would like to know if the jpeg compression DLL is available. I am using your SDK and a simple VB application to capture stills, but need to save them as jpegs.

Thanks

Basically you can forward your response to Ole Jakobson's (8-14-02, 10:22) request. That would be great.

Thanks Again.

This message was originally posted by Jon Eichner in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

farhanzia
October 23, 2003, 12:01:34
Someone just asked above if the dll can be used in visual basic? Can it be? I will appreciate to receive a copy of it. All I have to do is to convert my bitmap images in jpeg format. I need to have any dll or ocx control control which can perform this function. I am looking for some free ware. If this dll costs, pls still send me with the cost of it. Thanks and I appreciate.

Farhan

Stefan Geissler
October 23, 2003, 12:22:30
Hello,

I am still rewriting the jpeg.dll, so it is able to save 24 bit image to jpeg files. Resizing is included. With this, you can save a 640*480 video format resized to a 32*32 jpeg.

This DLL can be used in VC++ and Visual Basic. A documentation and sample programs will be included. But i still need some days to finish this work. The DLL will be downloadable anticipated for free.

vba66a
January 26, 2004, 18:39:26
Hi Stefan,
Could you please send me a link to that dll too? If you can share the code, it would be just great!

Thanks in advance,
VB

Stefan Geissler
January 27, 2004, 07:23:28
Hello,

Please send a request to support at imagingcontrol dot com. I will send the DLL package for free to you, including documentation and samples.