PDA

View Full Version : W2K and SONY cameras

Unregistered
March 26, 2002, 17:37:50
We try to set up an imaging system with SONY Firewire cameras (e.g. DFW-V500, SX900) and ImagingControl1.1. We have new DELL workstations (Precision 5300) that already have integrated Firewire connections. Everything works fine with Windows XP (demo and sample applications), but nothing with W2K. We tried to install new drivers but did not succeed. The SW does not find the device, although we see the IEEE1394 driver in the control panel.

Did anyone experience similar problems? Any help or hint is higly appreciated. Unfortunately we have to use W2K in our project.

Aljoscha Smolic

This message was originally posted by Aljoscha Smolic in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
March 27, 2002, 17:38:10
Hello Aljoscha,
you need a WDM streaming driver for the Sony camera in order to use it with IC Imaging Control. I can send you a driver via email. Please send me your email

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
June 10, 2002, 15:37:05
MY SONY CAM DOES NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS XP IT SAYS "CANNOT FIND VFW DRIVER "
PLS CAN YOU HELP ME TNX ALLOT
AVI

This message was originally posted by AVI SHAPIRA in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
June 10, 2002, 16:20:01
Hello Avi,

what kind of camera do you use?
The XP standard DCam driver does not recognize the monochrome Sony DCam cameras like XCD-SX900. If you have such a camera, I would like to send you a WDM stream class driver.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.