PDA

View Full Version : Sample App

Unregistered
March 19, 2002, 18:20:28
I am running Win2k sp2, with directx 8.1. For a video card I have the ATI Radeon All in Wonder 8500DV card. The video input works fine with the software that comes with the video card (i.e. i can capture video ). However I cannot get the sample vb application that comes with the IC Imaging control. This is the error that I get:

An unexpected DShowLibException occured. CFilterGraph::Startgraph(): failed to start the graph COM Error message: a device attached to the system is not functioning.
In file D:\Daten\Prog\DShow\DShowLib\Filtergraph.cpp at Line : 234

This message was originally posted by Brian Copeland in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
March 27, 2002, 17:35:11
Hello Brian,

We tried several ATI boards with a 128 chip. There was no way to get these boards to work using the graph editor (graphedit) or IC Imaging Control. There must be a problem with the WDM streaming driver. It might be possible that ATI has the same problems with the RADEON chip.
The reason why you can capture images unsing the software that comes with the card is that it uses a VfW driver instead of the WDM sreaming driver.

The fact that the graph editor cannot use the WDN streaming driver shows that the problem must be on the driver side.

best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.