PDA

View Full Version : error message...

Unregistered
March 5, 2002, 01:01:09
When trying to run the sample app either VB or C++ I get the following message after selecting my Device Video Source and the clicking on Preview -> Start:

An unexpected DShowLibException occured: CFilterGraph::startGraph(): failed to start the graph
COM Error Message : A device attached to the system is not functioning.

In file : D:\Dataen\Prog\DShow\DShowLib\FilterGraph.cpp at line : 234

I have win2k with latest service packs and directx 8.1, and I am using the ATI AIW 8500.

Thanks,
Rob

This message was originally posted by Rob Teegarden in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
March 5, 2002, 01:13:34
BTW - I know someone can make it work. I downloaded Eyeball **** (http://www.eyeball****.com) and it works fine. So it can't be the ATI Driver. Do you have any other suggestions?

Rob

This message was originally posted by Rob Teegarden in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.

Unregistered
March 14, 2002, 18:55:10
Hello Rob,
We do not have the ATI AIW 8500 for testing. But I assume that the WDM driver for it causes problems similar to the ones we are facing using an ATI Rage 128 card. The **** aplication probably uses a VfW driver and not the WDM driver. IC Imaging Control cannot use VfW capture sources because of their limited functionalty.
BTW the WDM driver for the ATI Rage 128 card does not work in the graph editor either.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

This message was originally posted by IC Support in the old IC Imaging Control Support Forum.