PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting VCD Properties (VB)

kmmatney
May 25, 2017, 18:32:32
My program is crashing while trying to retrieve the VCD Properties. it crashes in the same manner if I run the sample program "List VCDProperties". In the sample program is crashes at this line:

' Get all property items
For Each PropertyItem In IcImagingControl1.VCDPropertyItems <- crash

The error message is:

{"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."}

My camera is 72AUC02. I'm currently using the latest .NET SDK and drivers, but it also happens with the previous drivers and SDK. The properties dialog works OK in the ICCapture program.

Any ideas about this issue?

Stefan Geissler
May 26, 2017, 08:22:41
Hello

I must admit, I have no idea. Do you use the driver version 2.9.3?
Which Windwos version do you use?
Which computer model / brand do you use?
Maybe there is a webcam software inferring?

kmmatney
May 26, 2017, 17:50:58
It may be an unusual situation - I'm using the latest USB drivers and windows XP in a virtual machine (VMware). I'm using a windows XP virtual machine as my Windows 7 virtual machine has terrible USB performance and the camera stalls out. My XP VM runs the USB at full speed, so that's what I need to use for the software development for now. My main OS is windows 10, but I can't use that directly due to third party imaging controls (matrox) that I use. I'll try to run the project on another windows 7 machine and see if the problem just goes away. I was mainly wondering if this has been seen before and if their was a quick fix. I've been using the same virtual machine for several years, and this problem only recently started happening.

Stefan Geissler
May 29, 2017, 08:44:38
Hello

I never heard about interference between IC Imaging Control and Matrox.

Also e.g. VMWare has no problems running Windows 7 with USB 2.0 performant.
With Windows 8.1 and higher versions, e.g. VMWare also has full USB 3.0 support.

At least, I am very sorry, but I did not see the problem with Windows XP in a VM and a blocking camera. Even not a highest fps. You may try lower frame rates too for testing.