View Full Version : Camera default settings

April 19, 2017, 12:55:45
I need to more control to default startup setting of camera after restart it. im programming many years with TIS cameras and i have done this by my experience and not a official way. for example when my application run with halcon, I Start TIS componnent first in the background and disconnect , then connect with Halcon.
I have this problem when i want to use TIS camera with Direct show.
I dont have any control on camera parameters except some few params like fps/ expos/ gain
As I read in TIS website 33 series support startup setting. but there is not any resource how can do that.
(Im working with 33gr134 now).

Stefan Geissler
April 19, 2017, 16:13:59
If you use the 33GR134 camera with Halcon and GigE Vision interface, you can create two user data sets and save them in the camera. You can make one of them as default set. This can be done in Halcon's Vision Assistant.

April 28, 2017, 20:55:33
Thanks for kind reply,
How Can i set and retrieve default settings in IC Capture and IC Control?

Stefan Geissler
May 2, 2017, 08:32:09

In IC Capture you have the properties dialog from "Device" menu and there "Properties". There is a "Default" button.
You can show the same dialog with IC Imaging Control. Also each VCD Property has a default value. You may refer to https://www.theimagingsource.com/support/documentation/ic-imaging-control-cpp/tech_VCDProperties.htm

The only tricky stuff here is to decide, whether an automatic, e.g. gain or exposure should be enabled by default or not.