PDA

View Full Version : DFK AFU130-L53 device description request failed

codersteve
April 13, 2017, 19:08:24
Hi,

I am using DFK AFU130-L53. After installing driver the camera works OK.

I have the camera device opened in our desktop .NET application and I am getting live stream in the ICImagingControl (TIS.Imaging.ICImagingControl34.dll).

My host application hung (nothing to do with the camera) processing in another thread, I killed my application process from the task manager.

The next time I run my application I got a "Base Library Error: Device not found, please check cable connections"

I checked Windows Device Manger and saw an item "Unknown USB Device (Device Description Request Failed)"

Restarting Windows doesn't help. Only a physically re-connection of the USB brings the device back in the Windows Device Manager.

There were other instances that this happened (even in the IC Barcode demo software), and only a re-connection of the camera helps.

Can you please advise? The camera is being used in an industrial setting at a customer site where a physically re-connection of the USB leaves a very bad user experience.

Thank you,
Steve

Stefan Geissler
April 18, 2017, 09:37:44
Hello Steve

The problem is usually caused by the USB 3.0 controller. I do not know anything about your computer, so I stop guessing here. I need more details, such as model / manufacturer, USB 3.0 controller chip and Windows version.

One hint: Do not use the front side USB 3.0 controllers of your desktop computer.