PDA

View Full Version : Two Cameras with DFG/SV1

sulabh
March 29, 2017, 09:27:13
Hello,

This is my second post by you guys.

I am quite confused where exactly should i ask about my issue. In case, It is not related to to this forum please guide me further where to proceed.

I am using frame grabber card DFG/SV1/PCIe with two cameras. As instructed, I have already downloaded the drivers required for the frame grabber from TheImagingSource. Later, I am using QT QCamera class to find the cameras in my windows system. Here is the interesting part, I can only access one out of two and that too from a particular port of Frame Grabber.
In any case QCameraInfo class from Qt only recognizes one camera.

This raises a doubt if the settings are locked from frame grabber side, if so than how can i get it to work.

Very minimal lines of code to show what i exactly meant.

QList<QCameraInfo> cameras = QCameraInfo::availableCameras();
qDebug() << QString::number(cameras.count());

This results "1".

If needed i can attach the project. It is very easy with no library dependencies.

Looking forward for any input.

Stefan Geissler
March 29, 2017, 11:38:56
Hello

I must admit, I do not know what you speak about.

However, the DFG/SV1 has one digitizier on board and therefore can digitize only one video stream. The input channels are mutliplexed. So you could switch from one channel to they next, but you can not get a live stream from two channels simultaneously . Therefore, camera count is always 1

one addition to new threads in the forum: All new threads have to be approved by the admin. If we do not do so, the forum will be flooded with spam very soon.

sulabh
March 29, 2017, 13:24:38
Hello

I must admit, I do not know what you speak about.

However, the DFG/SV1 has one digitizier on board and therefore can digitize only one video stream. The input channels are mutliplexed. So you could switch from one channel to they next, but you can not get a live stream from two channels simultaneously . Therefore, camera count is always 1

one addition to new threads in the forum: All new threads have to be approved by the admin. If we do not do so, the forum will be flooded with spam very soon.

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your reply :).
Do you have any information on switching channel programmatically using Qt?
Thanks in advance

Stefan Geissler
March 29, 2017, 15:03:28
Hi

I am very sorry, but I never used image acquisition in QT and also I never used QT in Windows. Sorry for the lack of knowledge.