PDA

View Full Version : Difference between DFK 21AF04 and DFK 21AF04.AS

Indiana
September 15, 2016, 03:34:06
Hello,
I have recently managed to acquire a used DFK 21AF04, which I plan to use primarily as an autoguiding camera and occasionally for planetary imaging if possible. I notice the astronomy version is with a .AS extension. Is there a hardware difference between these two models and can the non AS version be converted to an AS version? If it can, may I request instructions on how to go about the conversion?
If a proof of ownership is required, I can provide the camera's serial number for verification.
Many thanks for your help

Michael Kirmse
September 15, 2016, 16:47:27
Hi Indiana,

the DFK 21AF04 and the DFK 21AF04.AS are using the same hardware.
The firmware of the astronomy version will permit much longer exposure times than the regular one.

Indiana
September 16, 2016, 00:35:30
Michael,
Thanks for the information, sounds like all I need is a firmware update. Is the firmware of the astronomy version available for download? Or how do get a copy of the firmware?
Many Thanks

Hi Indiana,

the DFK 21AF04 and the DFK 21AF04.AS are using the same hardware.
The firmware of the astronomy version will permit much longer exposure times than the regular one.

Michael Kirmse
September 16, 2016, 16:52:42
Hi Indiana,

If you really need the firmware update, please contact us via this form (https://www.theimagingsource.com/support/contact/).
Please note that the firmware update is not entirely risk free, there is s small chance that it might brick your camera.
Which is why we do not have it available for download from the website.

Indiana
September 18, 2016, 19:36:09
Michael,
I received the following message when I tried using the form you suggested. I've blanked out parts of the email addresses listed with Xs for privacy reasons, as this message is not private. The following is not complete and I can provide the complete message if needed.
I will email support..theimagingsource.com and hope that message will go through.
Thanks

Indiana

>>>>Message begins

This is the mail system at host web.sat1.theimagingsource.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<XXXX@theimagingsource.com>: host mx1.emailsrvr.com[173.203.187.1] said: 550 5.7.1 Email rejected per DMARC policy for yahoo.com (G15) (in reply to end of DATA command)

<XXX@theimagingsource.com>: host mx1.emailsrvr.com[173.203.187.1] said: 550 5.7.1 Email rejected per DMARC policy for yahoo.com (G15) (in reply to end of DATA command)

<XX@theimagingsource.com>: host mx1.emailsrvr.com[173.203.187.1] said: 550 5.7.1 Email rejected per DMARC policy for yahoo.com (G15) (in reply to end of DATA command)

<support@theimagingsource.com>: host mx1.emailsrvr.com[173.203.187.1] said: 550 5.7.1 Email rejected per DMARC policy for yahoo.com (G15) (in reply to end of DATA command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; web.sat1.theimagingsource.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 3AD883600B13
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; ijXXXXX@yahoo.com
Arrival-Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 01:39:34 +0200 (CEST)

>>>>> Message ends

Michael Kirmse
September 19, 2016, 12:02:38
Messaging support..theimagingsource.com should work fine.

I will send this error message to our web team.