PDA

View Full Version : DMK23G445 missing images

JoaoPV
July 15, 2016, 16:22:16
Hello,

We have a DMK23G445 (S/N 49410171), on Windows 10 Pro 32bit, with IC Capture v2.4.633.2555 and GigE driver 3.0.2.2552. the camera is setup to operate in trigger mode with strobe.

The trigger sensor is operating correctly and strobe works on all triggers. But some images are not acquired, event though the sensor triggers and the light strobes.

Considering the camera's S/N is probably from late 2014, early 2015. Could this be a firmware issue?

Please comment as soon as possible as we have this camera deployed on a customer.

Thank you.

Stefan Geissler
July 18, 2016, 12:00:13
Hello

What is the trigger frequency?
What are you doing with the images?
How do you detect the missing images?

JoaoPV
July 19, 2016, 12:12:56
Hello,

Trigger fequency is less then 2/second.

We are reading sequential numbers on each image we trigger, and we are monitoring (IO signals) the physical pieces as they go under the camera, so we know when a piece should have been read and was not.

Also, when we use the IC Control software, we can see the missing images since we see sequence break. If you send me your email address, I can forward you a short TeamViewer session recording that illustrates it.

Thanks

Stefan Geissler
July 19, 2016, 15:12:58
Is it possible, you are already in contact with the reseller, who forwards your questions to me too?

The problem is caused somewhere between your network controller and memory. There is a data block lost and the driver will drop the frame.

Instead of using 30 fps, as you currently do, use a lower frame rate.

The DMK 33G445 supports packet resend. There are no frame drops expected.

Stefan Geissler
July 20, 2016, 12:17:45
Does using a lower frame rate show a better result?

JoaoPV
July 20, 2016, 15:16:55
Stefan,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we have posted a support request to your local reseller.

The camera is currently deployed at our customer, so we do not have daily access to it. We will test lowering the frame rate, as you suggest, as soon as we have access to the camera. I will let you know about the results.

We will also try connectting to a different network controller, as well as using a different network cable. Any other tests that we could do?

We have recently acquired a 33G445. Do you mean this new model will not have these issues, since it already resends lots packets?

Stefan Geissler
July 21, 2016, 16:15:14
currently deployed at our customer, so we do not have daily access to it.
I see.

Please try the frame rates first. I suppose, this will solve the problem.

Cable is very seldom a problem

Network controller also is seldom a problem, except, it does not support Jumbo Frames. But one hint to network controller setting: I found one controller, that slowed down caused by "Greeen energy" (or similar) setting. If you find something like this, disable this.

JoaoPV
July 26, 2016, 10:04:57
Ok, we will try the frame rates first. Could you clarify why the frame rates could affect, considering the camera is in trigger mode and should only transfer one frame/trigger at lesss than 2 frames a second?

We will also review the cable and NIC settings, as you suggest.

I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks,

Stefan Geissler
July 26, 2016, 12:00:08
The frame rate determines, how fast the single image packets are sent. The lower the frame rate, the slower the packets are send. If the NIC controller makes a pause during grabbing the packets or there is high CPU load or what ever blocks the NIC, we wont have a buffer overrun is the camera as soon, if the camera runs slower.