PDA

View Full Version : dfk afu050-L34 freeze on some conditions

picci
May 11, 2016, 17:27:11
Hi i'm Luca Piccinelli from Studiofarma (we have been in your office last week :) ).

I have a question about our camera Afu050-L34. Under some light conditions (reproduced under strong natural light) it happens that the camera stops acquiring frames. It happens when the background is uniform (like a black mat or a white A4 paper that fills almost the whole field of view). The camera is not actually freezed as if i wave a hand under the camera it restarts acquiring frames until i stop waving. It seems like this is a wanted behaviour to save cpu (the cpu usage goes to 0) when nothing "interesting" is under the camera.

This is a problem for our application as it stops sending frames even when there is something interesting in the field of view, like an A4 paper (with many many barcodes that i want to read).

I reproduced the same behaviour in IC Capture 2.4.
Is there a way to tell the camera not to stop?

Thank you
Luca

Stefan Geissler
May 11, 2016, 17:50:59
Luca

we will test this on on our own.

Is there a way to tell the camera not to stop?
Good question.

I also received your email.

picci
May 11, 2016, 17:58:11
Sorry for both post and mail but it is quite urgent. If can help i'm attaching the log from ICCapture.

Thank you!
Luca

Stefan Geissler
May 11, 2016, 18:05:47
The debug output does not say anything about this problem.

picci
May 11, 2016, 18:23:13
Please have a look to this video (https://goo.gl/photos/sV7p5GYpKApHjWqG9). I hope it better explain what i'm talking about. As you can see there is natural light coming from left and a white A4 paper under tha camera. Auto exposure and auto gain are on. When i wave my hand you can see frames on video; when i stop the video source "freeze".