PDA

View Full Version : Exception in loadDeviceState

GregE
March 21, 2016, 04:36:38
Version 3.4 throws an exception in loadDeviceState and openDevbyUniqueName. This does not occur in v3.3.

It occurs in the demo app at loadDeviceState call on line 88 in MainFrm.cpp.

Exception thrown at 0x7699C52F in DemoApp_vc10.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: long at memory location 0x0044EE4C.

The demoApp doesn't have a call to openDevbyUniqueName but I use it in my application and it gets the same exception type. Again, only in v3.4, not in v3.3.

Everything appears to work okay afterwards but since it didn't occur in v3.3 I'm hesitant to upgrade in case something is wrong.

Thanks,
Greg

GregE
April 7, 2016, 17:30:59
This exception also occurs in startLive as well. All the exceptions report the same addresses. Any call to startLive, loadDeviceState and openDevbyUniqueName.

Stefan Geissler
April 8, 2016, 08:22:07
Hello

Which exception is thrown? Which camera model do you use? Which Windows version do you use?

GregE
April 13, 2016, 00:17:40
Hi Stefan,

Camera is DFK AFU130-L53. I'm running under Windows 7.

The exception message is the one shown in my original post.

Exception thrown at 0x7699C52F in DemoApp_vc10.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: long at memory location 0x0044EE4C.

There's no other info. I enabled a break on All Exceptions and it broke on the exception but didn't report any other information about it.

I don't know if this helps, but going into Device/Select in the DemoApp generates two exceptions and every time you change the Video Format, it generates two. It reports the same memory location every time.

Stefan Geissler
April 14, 2016, 07:19:15
Hello

there seems to be a serious problem in communication between computer and camera on your computer.
Does the select device dialog show all video formats of the camera and not only 2 low resolution one?
If yes, you have a valid USB 3 connection. If only two formats are shown, the camera is connected to USB 2.0 and wont work.

Is there any webcam software e.g. DELL USB web cam, Creative Labs Wbcam Live or similar installed? If yes, uninstall it and try again,

Which computer model / manufacturer do you use?
Which windows version?

GregE
April 15, 2016, 17:19:40
It's a Samsung Series 9 notebook running Windows 7. CyberLink YouCam software came with it.

All video formats are shown.

I've used this computer for development using IS cameras from the start and it doesn't have this issue using version 3.3.
I'm using Visual Studio 2015.
I've updated to latest driver and SDK.

The exception is not fatal. It shows in the debugger but everything appears to work okay.

If it was a first chance exception, I wouldn't be concerned but 1) it's not, 2) it wasn't there before and 3) it's consistent.

Stefan Geissler
April 18, 2016, 09:31:36
Hi Greg

what happens, if the Cyberling YouCam software is uninstalled? Only in case, you want to try this.

GregE
May 20, 2016, 17:42:46
The exception still occurs after uninstalling YouCam. However, no exceptions occur in C# DemoApp. I am porting my app from C++ to WPF anyway so that's good. However, I would think the implementation of the Device Settings window is exactly the same since it looks identical so I don't know why the .net one wouldn't get an exception as well.