PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and Question: MaximDL5PRO w/DFK 21AU618 Can it work?

angelfj1
February 26, 2016, 21:30:44
Hello, I'm a retired engineer and an avid amateur astronomer, doing some imaging of DSO's and the solar system. I recently acquired a new IMAGING SOURCE CCD Camera, Model DFK 21AU618.
I already use my QSI683 w/CFW with Lodestar guider for long exposure images, but I got the DFK for the moon and planets plus solar for next year's eclipse.
When using the QSI683 w/CFW and Lodestar guidern, I use MaximDL5PRO to control the camera, guider, focuser and scope. However, Maxim seems to have a problem with the DFK. I tried the ASCOM driver but it didn't work. I currently run ASCOM 6.2. Is there someone on this forum who has used MaximDL to control their DFK 21AU618? I would appreciate some guidance.

Best regards, Frank:-)

Stefan Geissler
March 3, 2016, 16:17:06
Hello Frank

I have to admit, I do not know, whether Maxim DL works fine with the camera or not. This is a question to ask the programmers of Maxim DL.

I know, many years ago, it worked. However, please ask the Maxim DL support for how to handle DirectShow cameras.