PDA

View Full Version : Problem with camera DFK 23GP031

andrewts
September 7, 2015, 15:48:58
Hello,
I’m having some problems in installing the camera DFK 23GP031 in a PC with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1.
The camera is correctly recognized on the GigECam Ip Config tool. I installed the GigE Vision Filter Driver when requested, but the camera is not shown on the device manager window or on any software compatible with direct Show.
I installed also IC Imaging Control and IC Capture, but both the software crashs howing the errors on the attached screenshot.
Please give me assistance.
Thanks in advance,
Andrea Schiavinato

Stefan Geissler
September 17, 2015, 08:11:36
Hello

Windows Server is not a supported operating system, because it has an incomplete DirectShow installation.
qedit.dll and ksproxy.as are missing or not registered. You can copy them from a suitable Windows 7 system and register these file. Take care of 32 and 64 bit versions.

Since this problem is caused by Microsoft, I would like you to ask the Microsoft support too.

andrewts
October 22, 2015, 08:18:04
My company is using your USB 2.0 cameras on the machines it produces. These machines have a PC with Windows Server 2008.
We would like to migrate from USB 2.0 cameras to Ethernet cameras.
Would be possible to add the support of the Ethernet cameras on Windows Server? If you want a can write by mail the volumes of cameras we purchase.

Stefan Geissler
October 26, 2015, 15:52:03
If the USB cameras already work on your Windows Server, then there should be no problem to run the GigE cameras too.