PDA

View Full Version : Mmeory problem with writing to .jpg at high FPS

April12
July 30, 2015, 07:47:29
Hi Stefan,

I am trying to write all the frames into .jpg file at 120 fps in LabVIEW. The image size is 640*480. The recorded images takes around 8~10s. So basically, it need to record (8~10)*120=960~1200 images. However when I run it in LabVIEW, it always shown me either the image is too large or no free memory if software run more than 6~8s. The file has been attached. The Processor Idle State Manager has been used.

One thing I observed is LabVIEW software will be frozen when the memory go up to 80%. I am thinking whether there are some techniques can be used in Camera side, say allocate the vision buffer. I saw some functions in IC Labview extension but I do not know how to use it. Could you give me some advice?

My system profile is below:
Camera model: DFK23U618
Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 CPU @3.3GHZ
Memory: 4.00GB (3.41GB usable)
System type: 32-bit operating system

Thank you very much!

Best,

Stefan Geissler
July 30, 2015, 10:40:57
The IC_Grab*.VI create new images and allocate memory by each call. Therefore, you have two options
- delete the image after each grab cycle
- create the new image outside of the IC_Grab VI and change the IC_Grab.VI so it copies the image data into your image instead of creating a new image.

The second option is faster.

April12
July 31, 2015, 13:50:34
The IC_Grab*.VI create new images and allocate memory by each call. Therefore, you have two options
- delete the image after each grab cycle
- create the new image outside of the IC_Grab VI and change the IC_Grab.VI so it copies the image data into your image instead of creating a new image.

The second option is faster.

I tried the second one and it works! Thanks very much for your help, Stefan! :)