PDA

View Full Version : Bricked camera?

mompes
June 18, 2015, 14:49:49
We have a DFM 42BUC03-ML which was working ok until today. But this morning it started behaving a bit buggy, the preview (in a custom program) was freezing and I had to restart it to make it work again. We have two cameras doing the same thing at the same time and only this camera was freezing.

Then it just stopped working, Windows gives error: "device descriptor request failed code 43" when I connect it. I have checked the cable and it is working with the other camera. Furthermore the camera that is not working is getting much hotter than the other one. I don't know the exact temperature, but it is not comfortable to touch the lens holder longer than a few seconds.

I had notice before this super high temperatures, but I am not sure if it was always the same camera or not and if it is related to it not being working.

Any suggestions?

Stefan Geissler
June 18, 2015, 15:00:38
Hi

Sounds not as good. Contact us directly by email, so RMA can be started. Do not forget to mention the serial number of the camera.

mompes
July 1, 2015, 15:21:50
Sorry for the late answer, but it came back to life the same day it died and it has been working since then. I don't know what happened, I restarted the computer and try a different cable before posting.
I hope it stays alive this time :-)